Beyond Differentiated Instruction
Author: Jodi O'Meara
Format: 145 pp book
ISBN: 9781742396255 SCIS No: 1513967
Publisher: Hawker Brownlow Education 2011
Audience: Professional reference
Audience year level
I know I should differentiate instruction, but how do I actually do it in my classroom?
Differentiated instruction focuses on helping all students learn and achieve. This invaluable book goes beyond the theory of differentiated instruction to actual classroom practice, showing teachers step-by-step how they can successfully create an empowering learning environment for every student.
Author Jodi O'Meara presents a 10-step approach to differentiating instruction, supported by realistic strategies and manageable techniques that are easily adaptable for any K–12 student.
This resource includes:
- a guided framework for creating an effective differentiated instruction program
- vivid case studies illustrating the how-to's of differentiated instruction, from planning to implementation and assessment
- recommendations for appropriately structuring the pace and flow of instruction
- guidance on when to use tiered instruction and accommodations, including the relationship between differentiation and Response to Intervention (RTI)
- classroom-ready templates, resources and tools for each step of the process.
Discover how differentiated instruction can help your students master curriculum fundamentals and benefit from learning that lasts.