Home Help in Tables
Author: Greg Neal
Format: 48 pp book
ISBN: 1863667601 SCIS No: 1158234
Publisher: Wizard Ideas 2005
Audience: Student resource
Audience year level
This book is fully reproducible and designed for anyone who wants to help a child learn their tables. It starts with the basic concepts of multiplication and builds on these skills progressively with real-life examples. Children are helped to master their tables by completing essential practice activities. Illustrated examples provide a visual image to associate with each table.
- Simple lessons provide a variety of approaches to engage the learner. This builds on the understanding that there is no one way to learn
- Lessons provide manageable chunks of information, introducing one skill at a time
- Review lessons reinforce previously introduced concepts
- Puzzle pages include activities to ‘test’ understandings
- Number patterns and ‘teaching’ hints are included
- Games are used to make learning tables fun
Work through the lessons and exercises at home and at school, and learning of tables will follow.