Numberboards (Upper Primary)
Games and hands-on activities
Author: Ron Smith
Format: 96 pp book
ISBN: 9781863667500 SCIS No: 1176079
Publisher: Education Services Australia 2004
Audience: Teacher and student resource
Audience year level
These collections of games and activities provide a fun way for students to learn and consolidate numeracy concepts. Numberboards moves away from the 'chalk and talk' approach to involve students in a hands-on way. Different learning styles are catered for as students are given opportunities work collaboratively, individually or competitively.
The activities make use of materials that are readily available in primary classrooms.
The activities include:
- a list of materials required
- learning outcomes for Number
- suggestions for teacher observation, questioning and whole class discussion
- a reproducible activity card
- a reproducible activity board