Numberboards (Lower Primary)
Games and hands-on activities
Author: Ron Smith
Format: 96 pp book
ISBN: 9781863667319 SCIS No: 1142518
Publisher: Education Services Australia 2001
Audience: Teacher and student resource
Audience year level
This collection of 48 games and activities provides a fun way for students in the first three years of schooling to learn and consolidate early numeracy concepts.
Numberboards moves away from the 'chalk and talk' approach to involve students in a hands-on way. Different learning styles are catered for as students are given opportunities to work collaboratively, individually or competitively. The activities make use of materials that are readily available in primary classrooms.
The activities include:
- a list of materials required
- learning outcomes for Number
- suggestions for teacher observation, questioning and whole class discussion
- a reproducible student card
- a reproducible activity board